Monday, June 25, 2012

River of deceit

There ain’t a free bird,
ain’t a bird whose has not been drown,
ain’t a man who wishes to be drowned,
in the river, river of deceit.

Why come together after all
If the fate is to fall
Only fall

I don’t believe in myself, my grey eyes lie
I don’t believe in urs either,
blue hurts even more.
All I believe is your blue eyes can be heartless
and when my heart grows, it needs no deceits,
not the water of sanity
but a log of wood, a ripened piece of wood
to hold together the river for a while
without burning the organs
till I get drowned. 

With all love to "Mad season" and their best number from the album "Above"



3 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

This is a very intense and beautiful poem..I can tell you poured your heart into it..Thank you for the sweet words on mine..Welcome Back..Susie

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way !

O brothers let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
Come on brothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.


~O brother what art though!

=D

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Monika said...

Anshul, you never cease to make me wonder over and over again!